Computer World has an article entitled “Visual Tour: 20 Things You Won’t LIke About Vista“. Here is a quick breakdown (and then I’ll stop with Vista for a while, promise!)
20. Minimum video system requirements are more like maximum
19. Aero stratification will cause businesses woe.
18. User Account Controls
17. Two words: Secure Desktop
16. No way to access the Admin acount in Vista Beta 2
15. Some first-blush networking peeves
14. Windows peer networking is still balky
13. Network settings user experience went backwards
12. Too many network control panel applets, wizards & dialogs.
11. Display settings have changed for no apparently good reason.
10. Where are the file menus?
9. Windows Defender Beta 2 is buggy
8. Problems with solutions
7. Lack of windows sidebar gadgets
6. Media Center isn’t all ther and falls flat
5. Faulty assumption on the Start Menu
4. Installation takes forever
3. Version control
1. Little originality, sometimes with a loss of elegance.
“I have no problem with Microsoft copying Apple’s or any other company’s
best interface designs. We all win when that happens, and I wish Apple
would steal the best things Microsoft does right back. What’s really
strange is when a company lifts good ideas and makes them worse, not
better.” – Scot Finnie, Computerworld’s online editorial director.