Many of you might be familiar with my previous posts concerning the Flock browser. I had completely switched to Flock until Firefox 2 released and I’m still back and forth quite a bit. For those that haven’t seen my previous posts on installing Flock you might want to see these:
- Flock on Ubuntu
- Install Flash 9 Beta on Flock
- How to Speed Up Firefox or Flock
- Synchronizing Firefox and Flock Plugins
For those of a little more active with Flock this might be slightly old news. I’m not as regular in keeping updated with releases (again, since Firefox 2 release) but I do check periodically. Below are a few of the release notes for Flock 0.7.9.1
- Mozilla’s 188.8.131.52 patch for FireFox
- Support for Blogger Beta
- A stability upgrade in Flock’s indexing code
- A fix for displaying Flickr’s favicon
- Fix small picture DnD feature of photo bar
- A fix for better cleanup of the image cache
Again, to install the Flock Browser on your Ubuntu machine please see Flock on Ubuntu for instructions to install 0.7.9.1.
I played with Flock a little, following your instructions and it does look good. However, I’m too attached to my Opera 9.10 … I wish they had a better support for Ubuntu.
Stefan – I used Opera for a while until I realized that it didn’t use a free license so I quit. Sure is a nice browser though.
I think I’ll go back to Flock full-time when its finally up-to-date with the Firefox 2 engine.