Well I’m coming to the close of a second day now with KDE. I have to say that this second day wasn’t quite as pleasant as the first. I don’t know if it is simlpy a big work load that is causing me stress but I am getting frustrated in not being able to get as much done as I want. That is not to say it is a fault of KDE, just a lack of my familiarity with it. With that I have a few questions for the group on solving a few of my current issues.
- Is there a way to make links clickable within konsole? In gnome-terminal I could ctrl-click a link and it would open. So far the best I have found is copy / paste.
- Kmail auto-check email. Now this might be a stupid thing here but it took me a while to find the ‘enable interval mail checking’ to check for me. Could that be a bit more straight forward or even on by default?
- Reply to email placement in Kmail. When I click reply to an email it places my reply at the bottom. I know this is suggested policy for mailing lists but for day-to-day personal mail I prefer it at the top. Can this me changed?
- I have installed Kompose. Any tips on using this for efficiency or is it just fun?
- System Settings (observation). Anyone else notice this looks very much like OSX? Thought that was interesting.
Also, to add fuel to my fire here I got greedy and upgraded to Feisty. It is stable and I have no trouble so far BUT my wireless (normally using bcm43xx-fwcutter) does not work. It works fine in Edgy & Dapper. Anyone know anything about a change here? A fix perhaps?