Well we’re into day two on using Kubuntu full-time and I’m getting most of my personal show stoppers worked out. I want to thank everyone that left comments here giving me some suggestions. Here are my continued thoughts on using it, and what I’ve worked out.
Things I like / solutions:
- Konqueror as a web browser is not for me. I’ve installed Firefox and written a post (look for it tuesday) on installing Firefox in Kubuntu cleanly (read: no gnome dependencies!)
- The rumours are true. Amarok is sweet, sweet musical magic.
- Klipper + actions is nice.
- Loving katapult.
- Ktorrent looks a lot better than the gnome-default, allowing a bit more customization.
Things that still bug me:
- I’m not so sure about Dolphin. The few things I’ve done with it were counter-intuitive and confusing.
- Needing to restart KDE to add a simple menu bar seems.. dumb?
So far I am getting used to things pretty quickly for the day-to-day work that I do. Continued tips from the rest of the KDE community would be appreciated. Remember, I’m not completely forsaking gnome. This is a learning experience for myself and for the contents of the blog.