I’ve decided over the past few days that I wanted to learn more about and start using Mutt for my mail client. After reading numerous pages and seeing dozens of examples of .muttrc files I’ll say that I’m still a bit lost on what I should and shouldn’t be setting. For those of you that have experience with Mutt I’d appreciate any tips you might have. Here is some of my basic setup.
- Gmail: I need to follow this account and be able to send as @gmail and @ubuntu from this account.
- IMAP: My office uses an IMAP server for email that I’ll also need to follow.
- From what I can tell these both need pops:// and imaps:// for connection.
- This makes two incoming accounts to track and three accounts I need to be able to send-as. (I have already configured postfix to handle outgoing)
- I also would like to PGP sign all of these accounts and validate incoming signed emails.
I know that kind of looks like a lot. I have much of it roughly figured out but don’t feel terribly confident about how I have it pieced together so far. I’m do have some of these options missing..
I appreciate any help in getting this setup. Thanks.