Category Archives: Community

Plan of Action for Building Communities

The purpose of the US Teams Project is “Teams helping Teams”. In the spirit of community we want to be able to share our knowledge, expertise and wisdom with those following after in establishing Ubuntu communitues across the United States. While I admit that we may not know everything we do have combined years of… Read More »

Utah Open Source Conference Coming To A Close

I recently finished my presentation at the Utah Open Source Conference.  I think it went pretty well.  I had a good turnout, and people were contributing to the conversation. My main presentation was on the topic and fact that community does not mean “some big group of people”.  Community means you and me.  It is… Read More »

Utah Open Source Conference : Day 1

I’m taking a quick minute to post some of my thoughts on the Utah Open Source Conference going on down here at the Open Source Technology Center at Novell. So far the conference has been a big success. We have a large turnout which, of course, we’re really excited about. Everyone seems to really be… Read More »

It Begins…

The Utah Open Source Conference begins this afternoon.  I’m very excited to see the results of our planning and efforts.  Fingers crossed that everything comes together without a hitch! Conference events you should check out: Tonight’s keynote addresses and the Open Source Awards for local contributions. Guru Labs Troubleshooting Challenge, Friday 5:10.  I will be… Read More »

Call For Ubuntu Stats

First off, I’ll get back to the tutorials after this week slows down.  I’m presenting at the Utah Open Source Conference this weekend along with helping organize it and its events.  This on top of my regularly scheduled work-program just doesn’t facilitate the tutorials.  My apologies. In other news, my presentation at the Utah Open… Read More »

#6 FTW!*

I’m sure many of you have seen this “Best Ubuntu Blogs” post.  I just wanted to brag that over here at Ubuntu Tutorials we’re (read: me) are number 6.  You know, I’ve always liked the number 6. *FTW : geek-speak, meaning “For the Win!”

Commentary and Alternatives to Automatix

Some of you may have seen the post floating around a few of the planets the last couple of days concerning the review of Automatix. I want to say that I have long agreed with the conclusion, but this puts more detail in writing. If you have used, do use, or are thinking about using… Read More »

US Teams Meet-n-Greet : Saturday Aug 4, 2007

Based on the recent huge success and boost in interest the US Teams Project has absolutely exploded.  I want to thank everyone that is participating and particularly the mentors that are working so hard to get these teams up and running.  Ubuntu has the greatest community in the world–gotta love it! Based on this recent… Read More »